All Student’s Pursuing a Master’s Degree in Social Work from Jackson State University, Mississippi Valley State University, University of Mississippi, and University of Southern Mississippi may apply for the Scholarship Opportunity
The Mississippi Conference on Social Welfare is a proponent of academic excellence as evidenced by its scholarships awarded to students attending Mississippi Valley State University, the University of Mississippi, Jackson State University and the University of Southern Mississippi. MCSW is preparing to award scholarships of five hundred dollars ($500) to students pursuing a Master’s Degree in Social Work who have demonstrated excellence in achievement, leadership, and service. The following guidelines for awarding the scholarship have been established:
- Interested students must submit a completed application form.
- The applicant and applicant’s academic advisor’s signatures are required on the form.
- Applicants must have a minimum grade point average of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale.
- Applicants must be in their second year of graduate school.
- The above information should be submitted to the Mississippi Conference on Social Welfare no later than 5 p.m. (CST), August 31, 2017. Please submit your application and paper electronically to the following address: email@example.com.
- The selection of winners will be judged on the following criteria:
- Advisor’s recommendation & verification of Grade Point Average
- Neatness and correctness of the application
- Leadership and service
- Grade Point Average and current standing in the program
- Recipient will be notified by mail, E-Mail, or telephone contact. Please indicate preference on application. Scholarships will be presented to recipients at the MCSW annual forum in September.
- Must be enrolled as a 2nd year Graduate student in the field of Social Work (Advanced Standing students will be considered as 2nd year students).